Oct 25, 2007 (From the CalCars-News archive)
Two rival institutions across the bay come together for a joint conference Plus late notice about our bringing a PHEV for the first time to Santa Cruz County this Saturday
"THE ELECTRIFICATION OF VEHICLES" 1st Consortium of the CleanTech Conference Series November 19, 2007 Krutch Theatre, Clark Kerr Campus, UC Berkeley
This is the first in a continuing series of focused forums highlighting clean technology solutions for "the biggest moral challenge facing our global civilization – Global Warming".. This first installment is made possible through student support from the UC Berkeley Center for Energy & Environmental Innovation, the Berkeley Energy Resources Collaborative (BERC), and Stanford University Energy Crossroads. This series aims to:
- Get a clear understanding of the current challenges and opportunities in the industry
- Attract, integrate and cross-pollinate students, projects and ideas between the Business and Engineering schools at UC Berkeley & Stanford.
- Foster innovation for business plan competitions, start up ventures etc. thereby creating momentum for the advancement of clean transportation solutions.
- Create a framework from which innovation will breed into next generation Clean Transportation Technology.
http://cleantech.berkeley.edu Program (Final list of panelists 2 weeks prior to the event)
1.10 pm - 1.20 pm Welcome
1.20 pm - 2.00 pm Keynote Mary Nichols, Chairperson, California Air Resources Board
2.00 pm – 3.20 pm Panel 1: "Policy Changes: California's Leadership" Moderated by Will Coleman from Mohr-Davidow Ventures
- Dan Adler, Vice President, California Clean Energy Fund
- Rachel Finson, Project Manager - Innovative Mobility Research at UC Berkeley
- Sven Thesen, PG&E – Clean Air Transportation Division
- Felix Kramer, Founder, CalCars.org
3.30 pm – 4.00 pm Exclusive 2 minute venture pitch/feedback session with Venture Capitalists
4.10 pm – 5.30 pm Panel 2: "Innovations in Solutions" Moderated by Prof. Christian Gerdes, Stanford University
- Andrew Chung, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Dr. Andrew Frank, UC Davis
- Vincent Battaglia, Lawrence Berkeley Labs
- Tesla Motors (representative TBD)
5.30 pm – 6.00 pm An exclusive 2 minute venture pitch/feedback session with VC's
6.00 pm – 7.00 pm Networking over light snacks & beverages – Vehicle Showcase featuring Electric Vehicles, PHEVs, Electric scooters.
TO REGISTER VISIT http://cleantech.berkeley.edu/registration/ Price is $25 for regular participants and $15 for students. Student IDs will be checked at the door
CENTRAL COAST ELECTRIC AUTO ASSOCIATION MEETING
Saturday October 27, 2007, 11am at our NEW LOCATION, Santa Cruz Montessori Winston Campus, 2446 Cabrillo College Drive, Soquel, CA 95073.
We're looking forward to a great meeting with Felix Kramer, Founder of the California Cars Initiative (CalCars.org) describing "The Campaign to Promote Plug-In Hybrids" and showing Felix's Plug-in Hybrid Prius, converted with lithium-phosphate batteries. This will be the first public showing of a plug-in hybrid in Santa Cruz county!
If you want a sneak preview of the presentation, please check out: http://www.calcars.org/calcars-photos.pdf
The meeting is open to the public, you don't have to be an EAA member to attend. Membership applications will be on hand for those who would like to join. Directions at http://eaacc.org/meetings.htm