Plug-In Partners Launches Jan 24 in Washington, DC
Jan 17, 2006 (From the CalCars-News archive)
This posting originally appeared at CalCars-News, our newsletter of breaking CalCars
and plug-in hybrid news. View the original
Plug-in Partners National Campaign Press Conference
A national initiative to encourage automakers to produce flexible fuel plug-in hybrid vehicles
Tuesday, January 24 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. National Press Club Holeman Lounge 529 14th St. NW Washington, D.C.
Learn more about how America can dramatically reduce gas consumption and reduce dependence on foreign oil while significantly cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
Find out why cities and counties, national policy organizations, electric utilities, national security experts, and environmental groups are uniting behind the push for flexible fuel plug-in hybrid vehicles (electric-gas vehicles that can be recharged by plugging them into standard sockets).
Hear how the Plug-in Partners campaign makes a compelling case for automakers to produce plug-ins.
Talk to some of the leading flexible fuel plug-in hybrid vehicle experts in the country to understand the development of the next-generation of hybrid vehicles.
- Austin Mayor Will Wynn;
- Frank Gaffney, President, Center for Security Policy;
- James Woolsey, Former CIA Director and currently with Booz Allen Hamilton;
- Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy;
- Alan Richardson, President & CEO, American Public Power Association;
- Professor Andy Frank of the University of California - Davis, widely regarded as the inventor of plug-in hybrids, will be available to address technical questions.
Contact: Daryl Slusher, Austin Energy (512) 322-6210; Daryl.slusher@... or Lisa Braithwaite, Austin Energy (512) 322-6511; Lisa.braithwaite@...
Also, see James Woolsey on the Daily Show --scheduled for this Wednesday, Jan. 18