Sep 9, 2005 (From the CalCars-News archive)
Sept.10-11 At the Sierra (Club) Summit http://www.sierrasummit2005.org at Moscone Center in San Francisco, we're joining one or two Toyota RAV4 EVs at an unofficial Ride-and-Drive event from 10 AM-noon and 2-5 PM sponsored by the San Francisco Electric Vehicle Association http://www.sfeva.org, near the automakers' official Ride-And-Drive.
Our PRIUS+ will be there from 2-5 PM Saturday and 10-12 and 2-3 Sunday, and we'll be distributing information at SFEVA's booth #710. Go to the booth first for info about where to find us -- or look for someone in front of Moscone North, or check at the corner of Third and Howard.
And come hear informal presentations by CalCars Founder Felix Kramer Saturday at 10:30 AM and 3:15 PM.
NEW AT CALCARS.ORG
"Greatest hits" brochure: 20-page printable document (7MB PDF) includes:
- We Can Tackle National Security, Jobs, and Global Warming At the Same Time, flyer
- 10 Talking Points for Plug-In Hybrids, flyer
- As Toyota Goes..., by NY Times Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Thomas L. Friedman
- Giving Hybrids a Real Jolt, by Business Week reporter John Carey
- Running on Empty, by LA Times Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Dan Neil
- Breaking That Dirty Oil Habit, by TIME reporter Unmesh Kher et. al.
- Hybrid-Car Tinkerers Scoff at No-Plug-In Rule, by NY Times reporter Danny Hakim
- PRIUS+ Fact Sheet, technical information
- The California Cars Initiative, one-page description 10 Talking Points is a new document PRIUS+ Fact Sheet is versions 1.10, with slight updates. VIDEO
SUPPORT FOR PHEVs Take a look at the website of Energy Independence Now, home base for several leading advocates of hydrogen fuel cell development. We're very gratified that the Campaign Overview section http://www.energyindependencenow.org/overview.html now includes a broader discussion of the role of biofuels and plug-in hybrids, and a commitment that "EIN will be working with the leading developers of PHEV technology to craft a strategy for introducing these vehicles to California's roads and expediting their delivery to market."
New revised version of the influential report by former US Secretary of State George Schultz and former CIA Director James Woolsey for the Committee on the Present Danger, "Oil and Security" at http://fightingterror.org/pdfs/O&S8-5-05.pdf